Thursday 6 March 2014

And I am going home!!!!



It’s just 25 days more. And I am finally going back home forever. It’s been a year now that I am staying away from my family. As someone rightly said, you have to break something to make something. So I had to choose between staying away from my family and building my career, I chose the latter. No regrets. I had great time learning.
Time literally fly and nobody knows it more than me. I have this count down running on my phone screen and when I started the count down, I remember it was 300 and something days left to go home. Today it shows 25 days. And I am sure the 25 days will fly. Because I will be busy with closing down my work and packing up and I will not have time to really sit and think “how many days left”
Of course I am excited that I am going home. But at some point of time I feel sad to leave the comfy life I have here. I actually love it here. I get a well-balanced personal-professional life. Early to work and early to bed. I start my day at 5:30am every day. I am at office at 6:30am. From my childhood I have always been a morning person. Even if it’s my final board exams, I always slept at 10pm sharp. But I got up as early as 3am to study. Because your brain is fresh in the morning and can work 3 times better than late night. Coming back to my routine. Once I am at office, I settle down first and then I make my tea. At sharp 8am, I have my breakfast. From 8:30am my colleagues starts coming in and the busy day starts from 9am with all meetings and discussions. I am off for a 30 minutes lunch break at 12 noon. Then get back to work and first coffee of the day at 3 pm and at 4 pm I pack up for the day.
I stay 5kms away from my workplace. So the drive is not that long.When I am home I eat some evening snacks and talk to my family. I will then watch few episodes of my favorite seasons or some YouTube videos. I start making dinner at 6. Since I live with couple of friends, I don’t have to do the entire cooking. I make one dish and the others will take care of the rest.
At 6:30 I hit the gym. I usually work out for 45 minutes. After shower, I head back home. I then spend some time with friends; we all eat dinner together, walks for some time. I then get back to my room and decide what to wear next day for work. I keep everything ready and I sleep at 10pm.
Now I will tell you why I wrote story about my routine. It’s just few more days left for me to go back to India. I am worried whether I will be able to follow this routine in India. Because my daily travel to and fro will take half of my life’s time. I can’t split my cooking and cleaning stuff like I do here since my husband works on a hectic schedule. Will I be able to work out and eat healthy? Will I have the same work culture and atmosphere? I don’t know. May be I will find a way out and make a plan. Let’s see. But as of now I am super-duper excited that I am going home. J J J

No comments:

Post a Comment